Wednesday, June 07, 2006

On a personal note.....

At 8:25am on Sunday morning Liam Pharrel Felton was born to proud parents Venice and Roger. Now you would wonder why this is the start of my blog today, but i have a picture of him on my desk and maybe its all just becoming so real to me now because im pregnant too. Pregnancy and babies are amazing, what a fantastic creation really. I sit and look at the picture and at his perfect little face, his little nose, and his dark eyes and his tiny little mouth. It has to be one of the worlds greatest wonders. And then i look at Venice and i think, "Holy smoke, did that person just come out of you!!!" Gee, it seems all too alienish if you ask me, but the reality isnt so far away for me either, in about 4 months time Ill be first hand witness to it all and so will my husband, even though i have no idea if the boy will be able to handle it. Gee, will I be able to handle it.

So its visiting hours on Sunday afternoon, and in steps Connor (6 month old baby) with his parents (Jill and Reuben - Reuben being Roger's brother) and Cole (3 and a half month old baby) with his parents (Emme and Clint - Clint being my brother). Liam is laying peacefully in somebody's arm and Im standing with Thomas doing flip flops inside me and something just makes me realise, " Hey, you next!!" What a mixed emotional feeling runs right through my body, its like having a shower and as you turn around with the water running down your back, it all of a sudden feels cold: the last of the warm water has been used. I was standing there and then with this sudden change in "temperature", I ran out to see Cole who was then asleep in his little car seat. Obviously Aunty's first reaction: I undo the seatbelts and i grab him out the chair, obviously waking the little fellow. So now Cole looks at me and looks at all the people surrounding him and has this "Who the hell is this" look on his face mixed with a edable baby look. And again I go through a bit of an emotional reality, "This is me with my baby in December". My my, I think Sunday just sparked hidden thoughts really. So i look at Cole and I cant help but just stare at him, he is the most beautiful baby ever. He has snow white skin, with blue eyes and black hair that always has an "out of bed" look. If his hair is standing on end, then you must know that his grandma Jones wasnt near him to brush it. His little cheeks are red because he just woke up, he looks so cute, you actually just want to hold him so tight, untill you cant anymore. So i start pacing up and down with him, his little head trying to keep itself up and doing quite a good job of it. Its amazing to think that he is only 3 months old, if you didnt know, you would actually think he could be about 7 months old. And as im pacing with him, poor little Thomas is kicking against the roof now already because I am "invading" his space. I promise not to tell him that i was holding Cole for that long, but i guess he wont mind seeing to it that it is after all his cousin who will be fetching him for nights out with the yellow beetle ;)

Then Jill brings Connor along, another little beautiful boy, but he has blondish hair with light brown eyes and bit more caramel than Cole, but then again, everybody is more caramel than Cole. Even I am, but lets not forget, its been 26 years of tanning that has made me like this ;) So I look at Connor and I compare him to Cole, and gee, who is the three month old and who is the six month old, so i envision Cole and Connor having a bit of a tiff and Cole just keeping Connor at his forehead cos he is shorter, and I just get a bit of a giggle out. So now Liam and Thomas is left, and lets not forget Matthew (Janine and Shanon's little 1 year old boy, well almost, Friday 9 June he will be 1), Matthew is the eldest, so i take it, he will be the little peacemaker, "Come now boys, play nice or ill have to report the two of you to your parents", HA HA HA. Imagine that, so that still leaves Liam and Thomas. I can see poor Thomas, being the youngest, and most probably the most talkative, thanks to his mother!, saying, "Yo guys, whats up with the violence, lets rather play hide and seek" and Liam, the most obliging out the lot will just agree and avoid any discomfort or any fighting. It will be such a classic setting. So now Im smiling, a perfect setting, all these boys, ages are so close, they surely to be buddies oneday.

Oh my, then the reality hits, im going to be a mom!!! GEE, that is hectic on its own, im actually gonna be a mommy, having a little boy running after me all the time, wanting attention all the time, needing this and that, needing to be taken to the doctor or be nursed when he isnt feeling well, or just be loved and hugged and kissed and be spoiled. Now the feeling isnt bad at all, the thought, me a mom, i quite like it really..........HAPPINESS

Your thoughts

Sonja
xxx

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home