Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Some more cuteness

Monday 12 June, nerves a bit shattered, i stroll into the doctors office. Im about 23 weeks and 4 days pregnant and i know this is going to be a detailed scan. The doc will be checking everything he needs to for the 24 weeks. A bit nervous, Kelly (my 17 yr old sister in law) is sitting next to me and Brandon (my gorgeous hubby) is standing behind me. The doc steps in and does the norm, asks how im doing and then checks to see how far i am and just arb little things. All i really want is to get on with it, i want to see my baby. I only get to see him every 4 weeks, so when the doctor says "Lets go have a look", the excitement overwhelms me. So i lay on the bed and he puts this cold jelly on my belly, exactly where the baby is laying. How do i know this?? I read about it all the time, and i feel him kicking me in my navel and around my navel continuously.

And there he is, my little boy. WOW, what a fantastic feeling. The doctor then checks everything he needs to check. I glance at my hubby, the amazement and joy in his eyes, makes me feel all emotional, as if i havent been for weeks now. Kelly is watching the screen, proud aunty and im just feeling all warm inside. Im going to be a mommy soon, how exciting. Well, now im so excited, i cant wait for September to come so i can go on maternity leave and just have baby on the brain, not that i dont already ;)

Doc checks the size of his head, this should coincide with how far i am in the pregnancy, the reading says 24.1mm, so its about 4 days out, that isnt bad at all. He is so tiny, doc checks his heart and his legs and feet and his hands and his little face, o my word, he is beautiful already, he is all mine. God has graced me with such a wonderful gift, its really overwhelming, think only other mommies will understand the feeling, and mommies like me who thought id be waiting forever....... He weighs 622g, just 22g more than the estimate on my chart on the fridge. The doc says it is very good, he is growing perfectly. My little angel. I cant help but just want to say, Thank you God, thank you. You know that feeling when you so badly wanted something and your mother surprises you when you feel that its not going to happen, now that feeling i have at the moment, that feeling that makes me just want to say Thank you.......
The doc is waving.......i look on the screen, his little hand is on the screen, so the doc is waving hello at him, cute man! I take it, he just wants to get over and done with this, we are invading his sleeping time.

Kelly and I go shopping, so i get him his first three pairs of socks, some vests and a grower. First clothes i buy him. Grandma Nicky and Grandma Virginia has been buying him so much that i dont even have to buy him anything, but i just had to buy him something for being such a good child. Already rewarding him, and he isnt even here yet. I take it its just natural instinct.

What an amazing feeling to feel this little person kicking inside of me like he is, and oh, lets not forget, he is a he, triple checked ;) just got to make sure the blue clothes are not going to be a waste. He is so loved, his grandma told me monday, she doesnt care about anything or anyone, he is already hers, she already loves him forever, and that is so true, i just love him forever already.....

Mommy......

Your thoughts

Sonja
xxx

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanx Sonja for sharing that with us....:)

1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must an amazing experience... Does it feel real yet? That a little boy is going to be tagging behind you in a little while, and you are going to be the person that God chose to raise him? What a awesome responsibility!

2:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

10:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home