Friday, February 09, 2007

Opening of the Monkey Group

What a frustrating morning its been and its only 11am. On my way to work, I get stuck on the N2. My colleague calls to let me know there had been an accident and that she is forced to go right back onto the road she just came from. Its understandable that an accident would cause a traffic jam, its a norm when it rains in Cape Town. Somehow I do think that people should have to pass their drivers in the rain as well, cos the rain makes the Cape shiver!

So I take an alternate route, my poor leg is in agony because of clutch control, but to work I must get, just like every other person who is actually earning their salaries and not sitting and just getting it for doing nothing. Only to realise, the roads are closed because of its the opening of the monkeys (ie opening of parliament).Geez, sometimes I wish I could be the president, just get paid, have bodyguards, have a huge house, fancy car, wonderful wardrobe for me and my whole family and have the whole of Cape Town stand still so that I can make my way to parliament. Wouldnt we all just LOVE to be the president or any other parliamentary figure for that matter.

Finally after being on the N2 and branching off, i get to work, TWO hours later. On a normal day, it takes me about 30 min max to get to work. Today its taken me the equivalent of driving to work and home TWICE. Its also so pathetic that all the roads get cleared, lets analyse this. Thousands of motorists use the roads EVERYDAY, thousands at a time, all on their way to work. Today, a few politicians use the road, how many are there, lets say about 300 people gathering for parliament. Now lets weigh it up, who is more important, and who is going to be inconvenienced. Dont they know that we need to get to work so that they can have their flashy cars and flashy jobs and flashy jets that takes them shopping to Dubai. They dont work for their money, WE do, we the people putting in 40+ hours a week are the ones seeing to it that they get their luxuries. We pay tax to see to it that they can dress up for the opening of parliament as though going to the MET.

All the roads are closed so that they can get to parliament safely. Now I'm sure there are many people who know where they live, but you dont see any of those people stalking them, so what would make them special today that they cant have normal motorists around them, just like normal people. They are not movie stars, in fact, I think movie stars have gained more respect than any of them could ever, except a few ofcourse, like Madiba, Manual, De Klerk....the rest, HA HA HA! What a bunch of monkeys (like Will says). I mean, the one does funny things in the shower, the other eats fruit and ginger to cue aids, the other takes her family to shop in Dubai, and yet we have to stop a day of traffic to accommodate them so they can give us a pep talk!!!!!!!

My beautiful country, our beautiful country is in shambles, its crying out for help, help from our leaders, we need to pray for our leaders, so that they may understand that them being leaders shouldnt primarily benefit their needs, but the needs for the greater country, the greater country like you and me. If they can just understand that, then things will get better. I cant imagine myself wanting to be deemed so important as to stop traffic for myself. What happens in their everyday lives? What happens when they go to the shops, does the whole mall get emptied so that they can shop there for a few hours????????

Nee wat, las it!

Your thoughts

Sonja

xxx

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Circus is in town
Hi i'm the colleage who referred to them as monkeys. No i'm not racist and feel very strongly about the fact that the native people of this country, deserve to run it. BUT... Come on!!!
At least try do it properly!!! Polititians are meant to lead by example, maybe if they did the less educated in this country would follow. e.g. how many times have you read about defence vehicles running normal motorists off the street? and the biggest axample of all, Zuma and the prostitute. I mean what kind of message is he trying to send out?!!
Back to the matter at hand though...
So I'm sitting in backed up traffic like everyone else, on the N2 towards Cape Town. Straight after i go under the bridge of the M5 I find they have blocked off the road... FOR ABOUT 5 METRES!!!!
wtf?! The 5 metres that prevent me from having to drive back home and take an alternate route to work, adding another hour to my journey.
I personally cannot see the significance of blocking off that piece of road, as the N2 was open again after that 5 Metre strecth!!

On to my next question. What happens every other day that they go to parliament??!! Everthing seems normal on those days, whats the big deal with today? Seeing as we the tax payers are paying for everything, why dont they all take helicopters on this day. I'll gladly cough up an extra couple of rands for them to do this!

Anyway thats what i have to say about this. If anyone has answer for me please feel free to email me at: wil312@hotmail.com.
Cheers

2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meet my special blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/amoxil] 20six co uk amoxil link [/url]

http://trailfire.com/amoxil
[url=http://trailfire.com/amoxil] amoxil 500 [/url]

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meet my video blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/amoxil] amoxil dosing guidelines [/url]

http://trailfire.com/amoxil
[url=http://trailfire.com/amoxil] amoxil brand buy [/url]

1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home